What Career Coaching Is
One-on-one coaching for individuals who seek greater clarity, effectiveness, and authenticity in their work plus practical strategies for taking next steps.
Whether a person is experiencing dissatisfaction or stagnation in their current career or considering their next move, coaching can be a catalyst for exploration, professional growth, and advancement.
Depending on need, I typically begin with an assessment as as basis for focus. I draw on MBTI®, Taylor Protocols CVI™, Strong Interest Inventory®, and others. Together we establish goals for the coaching process and check in on them throughout.
I meet with clients in person from my office near Seattle Center and via phone/video. Sometimes one session is enough to help someone take the next step. Other times ongoing, regular meetings over a period of months can provide the space for discernment and experimentation necessary to support major change.
A Few Reasons People Seek Career Coaching
There are many points along the career journey when coaching can be useful. Some examples:
- The role, the organization, or the industry you are working in no longer feels like a fit
- You're seeking work in an entirely new field
- You're coming back to paid work after a significant time away
- Focus and accountability to keep moving forward with your search could be really helpful
- You need concrete strategies about networking and job searching
- Interviewing - ugh!
I'd be happy to talk with you about your current situation and see if career coaching might be a good fit.